Sunday, May 17, 2009

Killin' time in Bangor

Well, after all of the stress and worry leading up to this "trip", Uncle Sam decided to ease me into deployment with a two-day stay in Bangor, Maine. Here, we (I and another surgeon from Travis AFB) await our rotator over to Germany and then Qatar. The up-side is that I have constant internet and phone access to see/talk with my family in California and a soft bed to lounge on while killin' time. Oh yeah, and we had a Maine-lobster dinner last night complete with about a half-pound of butter! I miss my wife and son SOOOOOOOO much, but God's strength is more than sufficient. Thanks again for all of your prayers everyone. More to come after we get to the other side of the Pond. I love you Darlin'!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that pic of you and Braden. So stoked you started this blog. I know that our family and friends will love following your adventures. I love you, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are doing this as well. I know you are going to have some great stories along the way that all of us will want to hear. What a great thing that you got one more fancy meal before heading east. :) We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stroup, dang brother, my prayers are with you and CJ and Braden. I have no doubt God will use this time to strengthen your character and to see His mighty hand in your life more clearly. I pray you see this tour as an honor to serve and that america is so thankful for your dedication and sacrifice. He isn't it windy over there ? Did you bring your windsurfing gear ? Godspeed Greg !!! Nate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I flew into Bangor last October. Maine is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking a lot about you and your family. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg, it's amazing to see where you are and what you're doing. Praise God for his faithfulness and provision.

    I'm glad that you're well, and that you get to talk to CJ & your lil' man!!

    Lord be with Greg, encourage him, strengthen him, and protect him. Be with him & CJ & Braden as they're apart from each other. Comfort them with your love and your peace; in Jesus' name Amen.

    Blessings

    Kristen (White Bread)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greg,
    We have enjoyed having CJ and Braden over with my wife, daughter and her son. There is way too much female hormones so I'm looking forward to you getting home. I'm working on my baby back ribs marinade and cooking, so we'll have some for Christmas when your back. If there is any thing you need from me write to BBrigham@hotmail.com. We continue to pray for you and the guys and gals there.
    With His Love,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greg,
    This should read from Bob the Builder next time. I thought, oh never mind. I should read all the directions when filling out forms.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete